This is where the New Page Tabs sit

WELCOME!

Welcome to our website!

BAVA are a group of artists ranging from beginners, intermediate to professional . . . focusing on supporting and developing the talents of local artists to benefit the cultural community of the Banana Shire.


We organize and co-ordinate various workshops through the year and are active participants in cultural events such as the annual Brigalow Arts Festival, Callide Valley Show and individual and combined exhibitions through out the Banana Shire.


We provide information on our calendar of events including workshops, art competitions and Flying Arts details.


Please feel free to leave any comments! We are happy to answer any questions you may have. If you are an artist or aiming to take up some creative pursuits ... please JOIN US! We are eager to hear from you.

Art news from other art groups are also most welcome!



Tuesday 7 April 2009

Sharon Gallagher Photography @ Kristine's Coffee Shop


I was born, raised and still reside here in Biloela. My interest in photography began way back in high school when it was one of the electives I studied in Art. I never even owned a "proper" camera until late 2005, but from then on photography has become a passion for me.
I have a strong appreciation for B&W photography, with portraiture being my preferred field. I love images that powerful, thought provoking and somewhat unconventional. Mostly self-taught, I'll read whatever I can get my hands on if I think I can learn something from it. The "Digital Era" has helped me tremendously. Being able to see your mistakes immediately really accelerates the learning process. Having spent my entire life as a dancer/choreographer has had a huge impact on the way I "create" my images. I plan each shot and know in my mind exactly how I want the finished product to look before I even release the shutter. I still have much to learn.....but am enjoying the journey every step of the way. Thanks to Juanita @ Kristisne's & Kym@ BAVA for allowing me the opportunity to showcase some of my work at Kristine's. Please enjoy......Cheers......SHARON GALLAGHER shazzlg@bigpond.net.au

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon, I can't wait to go & see your work! You're an amazing photographer & I love your work:) I love black & white also! All the very best for your exhibition,
    cheers, Maria

    ReplyDelete

BAVA Inc thanks you for making a comment :)